OPS 574 Week 2 Apply Summative Assessment Statistical
Process Control Methods New
To learn how to apply SPCM to a process, and identify variances within a process. You can find variances from the data.
Complete the Week 2 Statistical Process Control Methods Worksheet.
Submit your assignment.
Statistical Process Control Methods
Evaluate your process using 1 of the following:
· Use the lean concept to find ways to eliminate waste and improve the process
· SPC or Six Sigma to reduce defects or variances in the process
Evaluation of Control Chart and Process Metrics
Complete the following in Excel:
·Calculate the defined process metrics including variation and process capability.
·Develop and display a control chart for the process.
Evaluate the control chart and process metrics using Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods. Determine whether the process could benefit from the use of Six Sigma, Lean, or other tools. (Include all calculation and charts.)
Write a 700-word executive summary that includes the
· A summary of the Process Evaluation (using either Lean or SPC or Six Sigma)
· A summary of the Evaluation of Control Chart and Process metrics based on SPC methods
· A summary of your evaluation of whether the process would benefit from the use of Six Sigma, Lean, or other tools
· A description of the SPC project and recommendations for improvements