ENV 345 Week 4 Assignment Efficient Pollution Control Latest Guide
Efficient Pollution Control. As you have learned through your readings this week, efficient control of pollution can be a difficult task, especially for mobile and shared resources. For your assignment this week, you are to address the pollution created by transportation, contaminated water, and solid waste. Your paper should contain the following information:
• Begin with an analysis of the economics of this pollution, including a discussion of the
externalities associated with mobile source pollution.
• Next, discuss some of the current policies that regulate mobile source pollution.
• Finally, discuss at least three possible reforms to the current system and note which you believe
to have the greatest potential to decrease transportation pollutants and why you feel this way.
b. Water pollution
• Begin with a discussion surrounding the nature of the current water pollution problem including a discussion of sources of contamination and types of pollutants.
• Next, discuss some of the water pollution control policies active within the U.S. today.
• Finally, discuss some of the efficiency and cost-effectiveness issues described in the book
surrounding the treatment of polluted water.
c. Managing waste
• Begin with an evaluation of waste disposal costs and how economics plays a major role in the determination of these costs.
• Next, discuss at least two ways in which the economy can help decrease the global waste problem (hint: read Exercise 19.4 and 19.5 in your text).
• Finally, discuss efficient recycling and its potential to decrease the generation of waste within the United States.